Collage

Collage
From Here To There

Portfolio & Bio

Friday, November 18, 2011

Evolution

In the beginning, what started out as a simple attempt to fill the vast blank white pages has now evolved into an invaluable tool within the creative process. It is a method used to open up ideas that I believe is not only a fertile approach but also a therapeutic one.

I kept a diary as a young girl and then later as an adult, but I've learned that by fortifying it with imagery I can breathe life into it and now the words and images are inseparable, each holding equal importance. Over the years I can see the evolution of my work. It has helped me to organize my thoughts, to see my way into a project, and then out again; it jump-starts an idea from a thought in my head to a realized work of art, and in the journal lies its inspiration, motivation, and history step by step.

-Laura

Athens: Graphite

Creative Journal Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment