Collage

Collage
From Here To There

Portfolio & Bio

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Balance

When life gets particularly busy and I can't get to my studio to paint I quickly become irritable. All of life revolves around striking a balance between work and play, emotional and physical, needs of ones own and the needs of others. Weighing what is necessary against what is wanted. Each day we are bombarded with choices that tip the scale in one direction or the other. Continually we seek the chord that feels intuitively correct. We know that when the weight has shifted too far in either direction something must change- something will give way. So I need to be involved in some form of the creative process to feel at ease. What I mean by this is that I feel physically and emotionally at ease while I'm involved in some means of creating. This can be as simple as reading a book on painting techniques, or flipping through a photo album of possible subjects to paint.

Creative Journal Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment