Collage

Collage
From Here To There

Portfolio & Bio

Friday, October 14, 2011

In the Beginning…

On Keeping a Journal

I'm a journalist. Not the kind you find writing hot topic news articles, no I keep a journal, well several journals, okay three journals, four if you include my datebook. Five, if you add in my current travel log. I keep different journals for each aspect of my life; art, writing, travel, and general personal meanderings. I think I'm on the right track when I focus on journaling, its use during travel its importance for self-exploration, working out issues once they're down on paper. What about the use of the journal in therapy? There are several directions I could go... the journal during travel, the journal for art's sake, the journal for art therapy's sake. And then there is the process for making the journal. For instance, in my art journal I record the progress of a current piece of work, discoveries I make with my materials, what I've found inspiration. This journal is the most visual because it includes sketches and small renderings in paint or pencil.


No comments:

Post a Comment