Collage

Collage
From Here To There

Portfolio & Bio

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Collected Fragments

This journal has turned into a vessel that contains many fragments. In the beginning, it started out as a simple attempt to fill the vast blank white pages and now it has evolved into an invaluable tool within the creative process. I believe it's not only a creative approach it's also a therapeutic one. Many forms of therapy take on the guise of journal keeping. I kept a diary as a young girl and then later as an adult, but I've learned that by fortifying it with imagery I can breathe life into it and now the writing and visuals are inseparable, each holds equal importance. It has helped me to organize my thoughts, to see my way into a project, and then out again; it jump-starts an idea from a thought in my head to a realized work of art and in the journal lies its inspiration, motivation, and history step by step.

Creative Journal Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment